Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Goat eye and the best camp ever

Today, we're doing surgery on a goat eye. I think my eye will be mutilated, if the suturing practice is any indication.

This morning we observed cataract surgery (7 of them!). I got up 15 minutes before we left the hotel. I'm not telling how long it's been since I've washed my hair.

Yesterday was a camp in the slums of Chennai. It was the best camp I've been to so far. The people were really friendly and nice. Some of the little kids wanted to take pictures with me. I'll try and post some later on today from the clinic computer. It feels great to help people who are nice. It's not so much fun to help people who are complaining and angry.

The camp was at a temple, and a cow wandered through the camp about halfway through. He almost stepped on the glasses, but someone shooed him away.

Thats all for now. Less than a week and I'll be back in the US! I had a dream last night about the Newark airport. It wasn't a good one.

We're going to a big mall called City Centre this afternoon after goat eye. Should be fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you for not washing your hair! Have you washed it all since you've been there? That'd be really gross if you haven't. The Razorbacks are on ESPN Saturday against Alabama you know you're devastated that you're going to miss it!!!

Margeaux said...

I am totally not surprised that you didn't wash your hair! what's the difference from you being in the states?? you still never washed your hair...