Sunday, September 16, 2007

Thank you India

I've been pleasantly surprised during my time in India that no one heckles or bothers me on the streets (besides the beggars, but they bother everyone). During my other trips to the developing world, I've always been yelled at or teased by guys when I'm walking down the street. Here, it's really nice that people just stare. I mean, I would stare if I saw me walking down the street too! The only exception has been one old lady yesterday... she actually stopped in the middle of the street and stared at me. Straight up stopped dead in her tracks. But even then she didn't say anything. I was preparing myself for India to be like Morocco ("You are Spice Girls. I like all of you.") or Saudi Arabia (unknown shouting in Arabic), or even Kenya ("Hey Baby") and Tanzania (their word for sister, I forget what it was).

Anyway, this is an open thank you to India. Thank you for not bothering me on the streets. I appreciate it.

No comments: